Lucy, Mensa Member
Experience:  Expert Internet Researcher and Trivia Master
Type Your Question Here...

Question for a Catholic Expert only. I have been told i misunderstood,

Question for a Catholic Expert only.
I have been told i misunderstood, but I thought Jesus died for our sins on the cross when God had decided we were not worthy and was ready to do away with us, is that not the case?
Category: General
Expert:  Lucy replied 5 years ago.

In the Old Testament, God decided that we were not worthy and he wanted to do away with us. That was when he had Noah build the ark, and he sent the flood so he could scrap humanity and start over.

But Jesus is a different story. When God decided that His people were ready to accept a loving and understanding deity, rather than a vengeful God, he sent his only Son to spread his message. Jesus then died to show that God loved HIs people so much that he would sacrifices his only Son to save them from their sins. If he had simply wanted to do away with everyone, he would have sent another flood.