Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

How do I get rid of burned on food on a scan pan

How do I get rid of burned on food on a "scan pan?"
Hi again, and welcome back to Just Answer!

First, place your Scanpan in the sink with 1 gallon of hot water and squirt of dishwashing liquid; let soak for a few minutes, then scrub with a nylon scouring pad. The nylon material will scrub efficiently without scratching the non-stick surface. Next, rinse the pan with hot water, dry the outside, then place on the stove. Turn the stove burner on high heat. Immediately pour a mixture of 1 tablespoon white vinegar and 1 cup of water into the pan. Make sure to use enough liquid to submerge the entire area of burned on food. Bring the water to a boil and allow to boil for 5 minutes. Carefully empty the water into the sink with cool water running, then run the pan under the water to cool it off and scrub the area again, with a nylon scouring pad, hot water and dishwashing liquid.

I wish you much good luck!

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking 'Reply'.
I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!
Best regards,