Jim Reilly
Jim Reilly, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Attorney, Public Speaker, Honors Graduate USMA.
Type Your Question Here...

1. Many of Hans Holbeins religious paintings were destroyed

Customer Question

1. Many of Hans Holbein's religious paintings were destroyed in the name of the Protestant movement known as

A. Monotheism.
B. Agnosticism.
C. Iconoclasm.
D. Papism.
Category: General
Expert:  Jim Reilly replied 5 years ago.
HelloCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer.

The answer to the question is c, iconoclasm, which was an extreme variant of Protestantism in Europe in the 1520's and 1530's. However, there is very little verifiable historical evidence that iconoclasts actually destroyed any of Holbein's works.

Holbein's paintings were religiously ambiguous and he remained in favor despite the changing religious attitudes. He gained favor with Thomas Cromwell and hence Henry the VIII and Anne Boleyn, and survived the fall from grace of both Boleyn and Cromwell.

Thanks for asking your question here on JustAnswer. If you have any other questions, please let me know.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have 29 more questions which are timed I havent started them yet.... if you would like them one by one, are you up for it?