A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
Type Your Question Here...

Needle thread stuck around bobbin holder. Pls Help!

Customer Question

Hi . I have a Jenome sewing machine, basic model. It causes me very little trouble. OTHER than a problem which pops up every so often with the bobbin. What happens is the top (needle) thread gets hung up on the bobbin holder and then everything jams and the machine doesn't work.I have to use a knife between the foot and the plate, to release thje needle and bobbin threads. Then I open the bobbin door, and pull out a TON of thread that is wrapped around the bobbin, tightly. It is not wrapped the 'normal' way, like in a spool direction, it is wrapped up and OVER the 'circle' part (top end) of the bobbin. I really think the problem is either 1)the bobbin holder itself has too much'give' and moves around too much in the hookrace, allowing the needle thread to get caught, or 2) something is 'off' with the knob and stopper positions. I have tried several things, with no luck. THank you for any ideas you can provide.
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. Janome sewing machines are awesome; I know I love mine. You have done all the proper things that can be done at home. While I know it isn't what you want to hear, your baby needs to go to the sewing machine shop for an adjustment to its workings. Even being off the tiniest fraction can cause the kind of problem you have if there is the slightest tension on the workings as you sew. That is why it happens intermittently instead of all the time. It isn't anything you can do yourself at home. Your machine needs to be set back to factory specifications so you won't have further problems.