TaxTom
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
21049508
Type Your Question Here...

Hello JA, I am about to launch a new snack food product. I

Hello JA, I am about to launch a new snack food product. I was always wondering about lets say a bag of corn chips retails for about a $1.00. What would the store pay for it from the vendor. I hope I have the right category. If not? Sorry. Respectfully, XXXXX XXXXX

TaxTom :

Hello, If the store buys it with a gurantee return the discount is usually 20 to 25% with the larger stores getting an addition 5 to 10%. This is from retail and not from what they are selling it for. The same $3.99 bag of chips (retail) may be specially marked for convience stores at $4.99 but is selling at Walmart for $3.29. Thanks Tom

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi, if I understant correctly and my math is correct. My product retails for $1.19 and with a 25% discount I would sell it to smaller store for .89 cents. Correct?
Hello, Yes that is correct. Thanks Tom