Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
Type Your Question Here...

How does one pastuerize eggs at home (if in fact it is pos

How does one pastuerize eggs at home (if in fact it is possible)?
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 5 years ago.

Pasturizing of eggs at home cannot really be done in the sense that it would be done on a large scale at a packing house. At home it is considered more a Coddling of the eggs rather than Pasturization. The eggs still can be used as Pasturized eggs would be used. The safest way is to buy the eggs pasturized.

If you should decide to try, these two links go over how you would Home Pasturize the eggs: or this link:

Even using the above methods there is always the chance of Salmonella. If there is anyone in the family who will be eating these eggs that may have a compromised immune system, it is wise not to use this method, but buy the eggs already processed. Joan