A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

I need a contact email for billing issues for Unicare L & H

Customer Question

I need a contact email for billing issues for Unicare L & H insurance company. I have Googled, but can only find a website where you have to register an account to contact them. I do not want to register an account with them because they are trying to scam me into paying for a policy that I never signed up for, and if I register on their website they will use that against me to say that I did sign up as a customer.

I have already triedXXX@XXXXXX.XXX. They did not respond to my email.

The contact info I have for the company is Unicare L & H Insurance Company, PO Box 629, Woodland HLS, CA 91365 and PO Box 51272, Los Angeles, CA 90051. They're toll free number is(NNN) NNN-NNNN unfortunately I do not have a phone line and cannot call them.
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 3 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. If you think you are being scammed, you should contact the police department. You should also write via snail mail to the contact addresses you have (return receipt requested), and register your complaints. Written communications receive a lot more attention at any business in comparison with emails and telephone calls.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You don't understand my predicament. First off, the police don't handle this kind of matter, it's civil litigation. Secondly, I'm not asking for legal assistance.

I am not in a position to call their toll free number because I don't have a phone line. I'm not in a position to send snail mail because that would involve the expense of paying for transportation to a post office, which would be a significant expense for me because I live out in the boonies. I have to resolve this by email.

I really need someone to find a contact email for this company so that I can contact them by email. If it ever gets to the point where I take them to court for trying to scam me, then the email trail is going to be sufficient for my purposes.

I see that the email address I posted was x'd out. Here's the address that I have already tried:
XXX@XXXXXX.XXX

I have also found this page and filled out the contact request, but have not received a reply yet:

http://www.unicare.us/contactus/contactusform.html

I hope you can help.

If that is the email address, then all you have to do is wait for a response. It costs only $0.44 to put a stamp on an envelope and slip it into your mail box. I will opt out since there is nothing I can do for you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Why did you bother tying up my question when you didn't have the answer to the question I asked?

Why didn't you call the toll free number and get an email address for me? What is so hard about asking a question on this site and getting a straight answer? I think your response about the cost of a stamp is pretty snippy, considering that I told you why sending snail mail is costly for me. It's not like I have easy access to a post office or stamps, if I did, I wouldn't be asking for an email address for this company.

The email address I posted is not working, I sent an email to that address in March. The reason I posted it as 'already tried' was in case someone else got the same result from Googling Unicare.

Please, can someone please get me a working email address for this company? I'll give a bonus if I get one that works.

I had already called the telephone number you provided. The number is XXXXX longer in service. Then I googled the company and found out the number provided was wrong. I called the correct number and was given the following email address:

westmedicarepartb2@wellpoint.com.

I didn't mean to be snippy, but supposedly there is a mail box at your home. You have only to put a stamped letter in it and the mail carrier will pick it up.

A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience: 30 years in research
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please don't assume that everyone lives in a regular home anymore. Times are tough. No, I don't have a mailbox at home, and live pretty far from the nearest post office.

I do appreciate the extra work you did, and for supplying a new email address for me. Knowing that the toll free number they send with the bill is no longer in service is great info to have, in case I have to get a lawyer involved.

If the email works, and I get a response from Unicare, I'll come back and give you a second accept.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The crooks gave you a bad email address. Here's the delivery failure message I got:

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

westmedicarepartb2 at wellpoint dot com (edited so it wouldn't get x'd out)

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 5.1.1 : Recipient address rejected: User unknown in relay recipient table (state 14).

Is anyone willing to call Unicare to try again?

I will opt out and give any other expert who cares to try a chance.