General Jay
General Jay, Problem Solver
Experience:  General contractor, project manager, excellent problem solving skills, retired professional athlete.
14716023
Type Your Question Here...

This is a question regarding Insurance Claims on Home Owners

Customer Question

This is a question regarding Insurance Claims on Home Owners insurance.

What does 10 & 10 mean when filing a claim with an adjuster who finds a contractor that can do 3 or more trades ?

Example Sheetrock, roofing, siding
Category: General
Expert:  General Jay replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer!

10 and 10 typically means ten percent for overhead and ten percent for profit. I write many estimates for insurance related claims and contracting work has the 10 and 10 added on.

Feel free to post any follow-up questions you may have.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

How do I get in contact with to do these estimates? Do I call an insurance company or is there other ways?

Some insurance companies will have a "preferred vendor" list that they can refer the contractor to you. Ask your adjuster if they can put a preferred vendor in touch with you. If your insurance company does not offer this service, then you will have to find contractors to provide the estimates. I recommend talking to friends and family because word of mouth will typically provide you with a reliable contractor to perform the needed services.