Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

I am trying to find out more about Fallon, NV. What is the

I am trying to find out more about Fallon, NV. What is the climate like? What sort of animals or wild creatures might I see there? What might it be like to live there?
Hi again, and welcome back to Just Answer!

Fallon, NV is located in the Western part of the state and the climate is 'arid' (dry). It's quite warm during summer when temperatures tend to be in the 90's, and very cold in the winter when temperatures tend to be in the 30's. July is the warmest month of the year with an average maximum temperature of about 92 degrees. The coldest month of the year is December, with an average minimum temperature of 17.4 degrees. Variations in temperature tend to be relatively large, due to the arid climate and low humidity. Fallon doesn't get much precipitation and the annual average rainfall is 5.3 inches. Rainfall is fairly evenly distributed throughout the year. The wettest month of the year is May with an average rainfall of less than one inch. Fallon gets around 7-8 inches of snow, annually. The city can also experience heavy fog in winter.

Types of wildlife you would see in this area are the desert tortoise, hawks, falcons, roadrunners, sparrows, hummingbirds, bats, jackrabbits, cottontail rabbits, ground squirrels, foxes, coyotes, wolves, mountain lions, bobcats, various lizards and snakes, feral horses and donkeys.

If you like the type of temperatures described, and a dry climate, you might like living there. To get more information about Fallon, please visit the following sites:

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking 'Reply'.

***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,