Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

Have you ever heard of Megabucks Mega Millions Jackpot Pro

Have you ever heard of Megabucks Mega Millions Jackpot Promotion?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi and welcome to Just Answer.

Can you provide some more details about this 'promotion'?

Did you receive a phone call or email telling you that you've won something?

Thanks,
Cher
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes they sent me an email telling me I had won a random drawing. There were 15 total winners and I was one of them. I know that the company is run by a firm called ICG which runs a huge number of slot machines in Nevada and multiple other states as well as other countries. I was trying to find out if this company is in fact the same company because it seems to me that if it was why would they risk running a scam and losing their Nevada gaming license. The amount of money they say I have randomly won is considerable and they want $400.00 sent to New York to Prepare the "paperwork". Instinctively this sounds like a scam but if this company is related to the Slot Macchine company why would they risk getting into trouble

Thanks again for your help

Robert Fuchs

Thank you for your time and help.

Expert:  Cher replied 3 years ago.
Hi again Robert, and thanks for your reply with additional information.

Your instincts are correct, and this is a scam. No one can 'randomly' win a lottery, an email would not be sent to notify you of this (if it were true), and no legitimate company would request money to 'process paperwork'. It's most likely that if they mentioned the company name or if the email was seemingly from ICG, they are just using that name to fool you into thinking it is legitimate. This is a common scam that I have found reports about, through my online research, so you were very wise to be wary of it; don't even respond to their email.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or concerns by clicking 'Reply'.

***If you wish to request me in the future, please type 'FOR CHER' at the beginning of your question***

Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience: M.A., B.A., Author, Senior Informational Specialist