Anna, Teacher, writer, biologist
Experience:  Great research skills, variety of work experiences, teaching experience.
Type Your Question Here...

I have two wisterias which are both white.Neither as yet show

I have two wisterias which are both white.Neither as yet show any sign of life.Both get good sun.Should they be in bud by now?
Category: General
Expert:  Anna replied 5 years ago.

I'm sorry to see that no one has responded to your question earlier. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online and saw your question. Some additional information will be useful.

How long have you had these wisterias?

Do other gardeners in your area grow them successfully?

When you had the bad frost, exactly how cold did it get?

Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes neighbours have these which are ok. Frost was very bad here & these would have been quite exposed.
Expert:  Anna replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for getting back to me. f the neighbor's plants are in bud, it should be time for yours to be budding, as well. The frost may have killed the tops, but that doesn't necessarily mean they are dead. Try cutting them back, and waiting to see if new growth comes up from the roots. That is often what happens when the tops are destroyed by frost. It may take 6 to 8 weeks for new growth to appear, so don't give up too soon.

(If you find my answer helpful, please click on the green ACCEPT button. Thank you.)