Jennifer SR
Jennifer SR, Consultant
Experience:  Professional Geologist, Exp. Manager, Great Research Skills
10868375
Type Your Question Here...

jennifer...I am still going to ask for a photo of the Baylor

jennifer...I am still going to ask for a photo of the Baylor team, so I will be able to dispell the myth of Grandad being on this team! (with your help. ONLY with your help!!!)...I have another question for you. My gr-grandpa (Henry Sibney Davis) fought in civil war - volunteered @ Goshen, Ala-1-13-1861, surrendered @ Greensboro, NC, 1865. His wife,mary jane Caddell Davis was awarded a civil war pension, i would like to know more abouther pension and would it be possible to get a copy of the paperwork involved in the pension that she got??/
Good morning! I'll get started on this today! Thanks for requesting me!
Hello, I hope you had a good weekend. I found the form that the widow had to fill out to receive the pension. CLICK HERE to retrieve the document. I will see if I can find anything else. Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Jennifer, this is so exciting!!! What a treasure of a document for my family! Please do check (when you have time) to see what other documents might be available......... & when I have more questions I will ask for you!!! Thank you, again. jenelle
Hi Jenelle, I'm still searching! I thought that was very interesting to find that last one. So happy to be able to help you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

jennifer..........where, oh where is the accept button????????????????

I can't find it on this page! jenelle

Jenelle, no need to hit 'accept' because I haven't found anything new yet. I sent my last response and this one as "Information Requests" just to keep you updated. When I find something, I'll send an "Answer" and there will be an accept button. Thanks!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok....thanks, Jennifer

Hi Jenelle, How sure are you about Henry's enlistment date? I found Civil War records for the Confederacy and the closest I've found is a XXXXX XXXXX who enlisted on June 3, 1861. In fact, I found a letter from Alabama to the Texas Pension office where they state they can't find him in their records (!) except for the one that I also found. This letter has to be in reference to Mary Jane's pension request. I found a new database, so I am searching through it now. Thanks for your patience!

p.s. Scratch that. I also found a Henry who enlisted January 13, 1862.