Tyler
Tyler, Professional Researcher & Musician
Experience:  B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.
Type Your Question Here...

Is getting a tattoo a sin I am going to get one tonight of

Is getting a tattoo a sin? I am going to get one tonight of an American Flag since I was a veteran. I am aware of Leviticus 19:28, and feel that maybe I am doing the wrong thing. If I can get a tattoo why can't homosexuals be accepted into the kingdom of God.
Category: General
Expert:  Tyler replied 3 years ago.
Hi, thanks for your question.

This is a tough one because the Bible does explicitly say it's wrong to get a tattoo. At the same time this is a much different time. The religion or denomination you belong to will have its own way of thinking--each one is different. Some churches believe each word of the Bible should be taken 100% literally. Others take it with a grain of salt, understanding that God and Jesus didn't sit down and pen the book themselves. Many books of the Bible were written a couple hundred years after the death of Christ. This means the words and stories had to be passed down verbally for that long--quite a feat. So really you have to decide for yourself, is getting a tattoo or cutting your hair the wrong way going to get you sent to hell? In my opinion, no. Even if they are actually considered sins, Jesus died for our sins. Our confession gives us forgiveness. As far as homosexuality is concerned, that is another place where each church and each person has their own opinion. Remember that Jesus sat down and broke bread with the tax collectors and prostitutes. He forgave the criminals who were dying on the crosses next to his. No one can say what is completely right, all we have is a guide in the Bible. We can only trust it and trust in the grace and love of Christ to help with our decisions. I think all those who confess and have faith in the Lord are meant for heaven. I hope this helps you and I wish you the best.

Important! When you opened a question and placed a deposit on this site, the value of the question was removed from your bank account and placed into your Just Answer account. I do not get paid until you press the Accept button and that deposit is finally moved out of your Just Answer account.

Once I have satisfactorily answered your question, please press ACCEPT as that is the only way I am compensated for the time and research I personally put into your individual question. If you need more information, please press REPLY so I can help you further. Positive feedback is very beneficial to me and, if you are able to take a minute once the process is over to leave some I would greatly appreciate it. If you have reason to leave less than positive feedback, please contact me first so I can ensure you are properly assisted with your question. Thanks and best wishes!

Experience: B.M & M.M.. Skilled at in-depth research. Former police officer.