Family Physician, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Researching answers to questions online for 20+ years.
Type Your Question Here...

Are there any reputable economics degree programs in the U.S.

Are there any reputable economics degree programs in the U.S. or Canada which offer any advanced degree (master, Ph.D., etc.) in Economics where the majority of the work is performed online, so that I may obtain the degree even if I can only travel to the school at most 3-4 times per year? I am not looking for anything like the University of Phoenix.
There are a number of very reputable graduate programs in business/economics that are entirely or primarily online/distance. Many of these programs are associated with "brick and mortar" schools - not schools that are entirely online, and many are from fully accredited universities.

It would help me if you could explain your background, career goals, location in the USA (region/state), and the specific things that you don't like about University of Phoenix.

After you provide this information, I will give you some suggestions.

FYI, I obtained my MBA by distance.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I prefer economics theory over business.

I am a physician practicing in California about an hour away from San Francisco. I would like to solve many of the world's problems by developing new economics theories. I don't have time for a traditional class work and lectures based program. I need a degree that carries clout and is reputable. Thanks.
You may want to look at the University of London International Programs - they have several degrees that might interest you:

Heriot-Watt University (Edinburgh Business School) has several programs to consider