Jennifer SR
Jennifer SR, Consultant
Experience:  Professional Geologist, Exp. Manager, Great Research Skills
Type Your Question Here...

hi jennifer, If it is any help when I was trying to find

hi jennifer,

If it is any help when I was trying to find things out with ancestry I found that XXXXX XXXXXson was born 1890 and also know that she died in 1952. Her father Thomas appears to have been born in 1860 or thereabouts and one of the census stated that he was born in Yorkshire. Alice's birth certificate states that her mother was Ellen Smithson. Sorry should have given you this in the first place - that really is the sum total of what I have found out. Somewhere in the back of my mind I seem to think that although my father was an only child, his grandfather had quite a few brothers, one of whom may have been a methodist minister. BUT this is half remembered stuff and may not be correct.
Category: General
Expert:  Jennifer SR replied 5 years ago.
Thanks! I'm trying to organize my notes from the other day. I will try to post tonight with some information.
Ok. I found one family tree online and it listed Joseph's parents as "Joseph" and "Chate". Then I found a record for the marriage of a "Jospeh" and "Marian Caton Brown" and "Marian Cate". I wondered if it was a coincidence that they were similar. They had a son named Joseph in 1882, in Yorkshire, so it matches your Joseph. Unfortunately, there were several Joseph Richardsons born in 1882. I tried looking at the 1901 Census records and found a few. I really hoped I would just find would have made this easier. So, what do you think? Should I follow the Joseph/Cate lead?