Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
23511658
Type Your Question Here...

Dear Sirs, can you please provide me with information regarding

Customer Question

<p>Dear Sirs, can you please provide me with information regarding whether the UKBA offices were open on 2 january 2008. when did the office stop working for christmas and new year break, 2007/8 </p><p>Best regard clarence</p><p>please can you provide me with the answer today or may be too late</p>
Category: General
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 3 years ago.

XXXXX XXXXXnigan :

Hello. I can assist you with your question.

Interestingly, the UK Border Agency was not formed until 2008. The document I am sending you the link to gives a good synopsis of that.

http://bitli.es/UKBADoc

In light of this, is there additional information that you need?

Expert:  replied 3 years ago.

Some additional information - the UKBA was started in April of 2008:

http://bitli.es/gOgBHz

Also, if you go to this archives page, you can select to view the UKBA page as it was on various dates, starting with April of 2008. This is a great resource if you are trying to find additional information.

UKBA National Arhives

Michael Hannigan, Internet Researcher
Experience: Extensive experience in research and problem solving.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike,

My question was did the Home Office open for business on the 2/03/08. i understand companies and public bodies close during Christmas and new year for winter break and return after new year.

this is what i need" did the Home Office closed for christmas and new year 2007/8"

put simply, when did the office close for christmas 2007. and when did the office resume work in january 2008.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Hi Mike,

Your question specified the UKBA, which didn't exist yet.

These are the business hours for the Home Office during
that 2007/2008 holiday season. While it is possible that individuals took
personal leave, the official schedule of the Home Office was as follows:

Monday 24th December - Open until 12.30pm
Tuesday 25th December - Closed
Wednesday 26th December - Closed
Thursday 27th December - Business as usual
Friday 28th December - Business as usual

Monday 31st December - Open until 4.00pm
Tuesday 1st January 2008 - Closed

Wednesday 2nd January 2008 - Business as usual

Thursday 3rd January 2008 - Business as usual

If you would like me to do additional research, let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My other question is did the Royal Mail open for business on the 2/03/08. i understand companies and public bodies close during Christmas and new year for winter break and return after new year.

this is what i need" did the Royal Mail closed for christmas and new year 2007/8"

OK. Again, here are some dates. This information is extremely hard to find, so hopefully this will answer your question.

Tuesday 25th December - Closed (Christmas Day)
Wednesday 26th December - Closed (Boxing Day)
Saturday 29th December - Business as usual
Sunday 30th December - Closed

1st January 2008 - Closed (New Year's Day)
2nd January 2008 - Business as usual in the UK. In Scotland branches are closed.
3rd January 2008 - Business as usual