atluriram
atluriram, Research Analyst
Experience:  MASTER OF COMMERCE, BACHELOR OF LAWS, P.G. DIPLOMA IN PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT AND INDUSTRAL COUNSELING
22289965
Type Your Question Here...

Question about auto insurance. My daughters boyfriend has

Question about auto insurance. My daughter's boyfriend has a permit. He is planning to get his license soon. We have found a good older car for him. Can I purchase it in my name, insure it on my policy and let him drive it (supervised) and when he gets his license let him drive it until he finds insurance. Then we will put it in his name and insurance. Are there any reasons not to do this?
Category: General
Expert:  atluriram replied 5 years ago.

atluriram :

sir/madam

atluriram :

I herewith submit the answer

atluriram :

-------------

atluriram :

If you are purchasing the car in your name, you are responsible for all the liabilities arises out of the car. Besides, the boyfriend also liable and responsible for negligent driving, as he did not have any license. Moreover, you will have to loose insurance claims if any,

atluriram :

---------

atluriram :

with regards

atluriram :

atluri ramesh