Jennifer SR
Jennifer SR, Consultant
Experience:  Professional Geologist, Exp. Manager, Great Research Skills
10868375
Type Your Question Here...

I am trying to research my family tree but am not able to get

I am trying to research my family tree but am not able to get very far because I don't really have any relatives alive who know any history. My father's name was Leslie Sutherland Richardson and he was born in manchester on 31st July 1913 - his father's name was Joseph and on their marriage certificate he was born in North Allerton. I cannot get any further - do you have any suggestions
Hi, I have started looking for your relatives. What was your grandmother's name (Joseph's wife)? Was it XXXXX XXXXXson? Thanks!
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

hi jennifer my grandmother's name was XXXXX XXXXXson and I think they married in 1912 she was definately born in Didsbury Manchester and her father was I think Thomas - now he may have been born in Yorks

regards anna

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
sorry do not know where to find the accept button anna
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

am also going to bed now because I am working from 7.30 am tomorrow

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

hi jennifer

just checked in quickly on finishing my shift - will be away to morrow but will check in again Monday am - good luck - I found it very confusing but managed to get way back with another line thanks to ancestry. Did you notice all the different birth places of Alice's brother and sisters - wondered at first if I had a bit of gipsy bllood but old Thomas is listed on the census as a gardener. Both Joseph and Alice died when I was under five and I don't really have any memories sadly and my father died age 59 when my own children were very young. I know he had been married previously and think there were allusions to them when I was young but mum has dementia so I doubt I will ever know. However, Michael my half brother I knew ---- as my cousin because he was adopted by my Aunty Muriel. Funny how families are isn't it. bye for now thanks for picking up where I could not find anything.

Hello Anna, Sorry it took me a bit to get back to you. I am running into roadblocks, but have a couple of leads. I will post on Monday with what I have found. Thanks! Jennifer.