PATRICIA
PATRICIA, Internet Researcher
Experience:  FUTURE DAYCARE OWNER, Gift of Discernment, ASSOCIATES DEGREE IN ARTS IN BUSINESS
18263522
Type Your Question Here...

Scammed. I got a call from Washington DC telling me about the no-call registry and saying

Customer Question

Scammed. I got a call from Washington DC telling me about the no-call registry and saying that they needed a code which will be given in anaother call. The second call with code came from Criags List. Then the original caller called again and wanted the code. After much discussion I gave the 5 digit code. I beleive now thta this was a scam to get my phone umber addedto their account. Ho can I block them from using my phone info.
Submitted: 6 years ago via HelpOwl.
Category: General
Expert:  PATRICIA replied 6 years ago.
Hello f7yjs9bx, to make sure I understand, the company now has your phone number and is calling you from the code to get access to your phone number?
Expert:  PATRICIA replied 6 years ago.

is your number a cellphone or land line?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

They called my phone number. And then the craigs list code came in naother call. Then the original caller called back and asked for the code. I gave ot to them/ So yes they have my tel # XXXXX the code - presume they will use the number and code in craigs list. I want to get my number out of the list. How can I do it?

Land line

Expert:  PATRICIA replied 6 years ago.

You can do several things, if you don't want the number to call you... you can try pressing *60 that will block the number.

To remove a residential, wireless, fax, or VoIP telephone number from the National Do Not Call List (DNCL), you must call the National DNCL Service Line from the number you wish to remove at:

1-866-580-DNCL (1-866-580-3625).

If you are calling from a TTY device, call:

1-888-DNCL-TTY (1-888-362-5889).

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I want my number out of the Craigs list. So that this company will not sell or do something which I end up having to pay for or some illegitimate things. What do I have to do

I am not looking for the no call registry now.

Expert:  PATRICIA replied 6 years ago.
Ok, I understand, have you tried to contact Craiglist support yet?
Expert:  PATRICIA replied 6 years ago.

you can fill out the form on the following link and choose harassment.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/cgi-bin/emailForm.cgi

let me know what happended, If available, provide the posting ID numbers for any ads related to the issue.

That should get all of your information off of Craiglist and then you can do the following also for the do not call registry.

I also provided some tips and tricks as well:

http://notbarter.com/clguide_.html

Hope this helps.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I will send the form to Craigs list and let you know. Thanks
Expert:  PATRICIA replied 6 years ago.
hope everything works out for you.