Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Type Your Question Here...

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO SELL TOMATO PLANTS AND OTHER PLANTS

WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO SELL TOMATO PLANTS AND OTHER PLANTS FROM OUR HOME? WE ARE JUST STARTING THIS YEAR AND HAVE ABOUT 300 TO 500 GARDEN PLANTS FLOWERS. DO WE SELL FROM OUR YARD OR WHAT?
Category: General
Expert:  Martin replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome to Just Answer.

Selling from your yard is an economical way, but you will need to ask your municipality if you are allowed to do so if you are not in a commercial sector. Do the same kind of publicity you would do for a garage sale (with indication on nearby streets to indicate you have plants to sell).

You can also do delivery by car/truck (like many florist). You can sell on an internet store (your own website and/or amazon.com, ebay.com).
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the info. We live in the country about 4 miles from main highway
We do have a lot of traffic takeing a short cut from one town to another. Antes more suggestions
Of
Expert:  Martin replied 3 years ago.
If you can get some kind of billboard made and displayed for not to much at a specific traffic spot it might be good. You may also go to any farmer market if there is one around and display your location at your stand. You can buy a radio spot from time to time.

With time you may get enough loyal customer that you will be able to lower the publicity expenses. If you have plenty of land, you could build a big landmark that can be seen from a distance (like a giant flower or tomatoes plant 50' hight). This could bring curious and tourist, it's always cheesy but it work.

As you are in the country, you may have less problem with thief and be able to keep your inventory in plain sight. Always display the popular stuff (flower, tomatoes etc...) at the back, so that the customer have to travel and see all the goods to induce impulse buying.
Martin, Engineer
Experience: i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX try some of your suggestions.