A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
Type Your Question Here...

I am asking for something about Nils Carlsen and his family.

Customer Question

I am asking for something about Nils Carlsen and his family. Nils Calsen arrived Ellis Island Oct 07, 1908. He cam from Norway. Port of Departure was Christiania(Oslo). As far as I know was he married to Anna Maria Larsdatter Gisholt, year of birth 1888. They got following child: 1. Norma, borned 1909, 2. Ruth, borned 1911 and 3. Edna, borned 1917.
Norma married Theo Zerung, borned 1905, three children: 1. Gordon Zerung, b. 1932, 2. Jim Zerung, b. 1936 and 3. Jeanie Zerung, b. 1942.
Ruth married Henry Norton, b. 1907, two children: 1. Steven Norton(died 1969), 2. Bob Norton, b?.
Edna married Harold Draper, b. 1913, three children: 1. Ann Draper, b. 1943, 2. Larry Draper, b. 1945 and 3. Gary Draper, b. 1945(twins).
Is it possible to find anything about this fammilys. my [email protected] :) Per H.
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. What "something" about the Nils Carson family are you looking for? Just Answer does not send information to your email. All interaction with experts is on this forum.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I wood like to know more about the children of Nils and Anna Maria. Is it posible to find anything about the familys of Nils and Anna Marias children. I do not know what els I can ask about. :) Per H. Elseth

Thanks for the clarification. The Carlsen family settled in Eugen Oregon and lived there after coming to America.

Nils Carlsen died 29 December 1965 in Eugene, Oregon where he had been a custodian in the chemistry department of a university there. They had three children, all girls.

Norma Carlsen was born 14 March 1909 and died 25 May 1998. She married Theodore Zehrung 14 June 1930 in Eugene. Theodore was born 13 Jan 1905 and died 05 Jun 1987. They had three sons and a daughter. One of the boys died in infancy. The daughter Jean Marie Zehrung Koenig died in 2007.

Edna Carlsen was born 17 My 1917 and died 01 October 2007. She married Harold F. Draper in 27 July 1941. He died in 1992. They had three children, a girl and two boys: Ann Draper Gormley and sons Larry H. and Gary C. Draper.

The middle daughter Ruth Carlsen was born in 1911 and was still alive in 1930. I have been unable to find out what happened to her.

We cannot furnish information on living people.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for the work you have done. Something new I got from you. It was date of bearth(fødsel) and when some of them died. On Googel I have found out that there is a lot of people with thw name Norton. I think it is not so easy to find anny more.

I am sorry for my English, last time I wrothe English was back to the days in school back in 1952. :) Per H.Elseth

I think your English is excellent. I did find two more dates for you.

Ruth Carlsen was born 01 Nov 1911 in Eugene, Oregon and died 17 August 2001 in Beaverton, Washington Co., Oregon. Henry H. Norton was born 11 Jan 1907 and died 14 October 2009 in Beaverton, Washington Co., OR.

Thanks so much for the accept. I enjoyed working on your family.