Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
14666028
Type Your Question Here...

whaT IS THE MEANING OF 2+2 5 BY RADIOHEARD (DOES IT NEED WE

Customer Question

whaT IS THE MEANING OF 2+2=5 BY RADIOHEARD (DOES IT NEED WE NEED MORE SEX COW(WOMAN) PLUS PIG(MAN) MAKES 3 OR FIVE KIDS
Category: General
Expert:  Martin replied 5 years ago.
Hello, welcome to Just Answer.

It's an allusion to the writing of George Orwell "Looking back on the Spanish War" link. Extract:
"The implied objective of this line of thought is a nightmare world in which the Leader, or some ruling clique, controls not only the future but the past. If the Leader says of such and such an event, ‘It never happened’ — well, it never happened. If he says that two and two are five — well, two and two are five. This prospect frightens me much more than bombs"

Orwell later took the idea again and incorporated it in his novel 1984.

The video for that song include pigs getting always more in charge, another allusion to George Orwell work, this time the novel Animal Farm.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
DOES IT HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH WOMAN AS THE COW AND MAN AS THE PIG?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
SORRY, I ABSOLUTELY NEED TO KNOW WHAT COW AND PIG ARE SYMBOLIC FOR.
Expert:  Martin replied 5 years ago.
The pigs can be men or women, the cows can be men or women.

It's not about sex, it's about control and power versus liberty.

The pig is the power hungry capitalist, the cow is you and me. The pig come to your home, want to sell so stupid entertainment to put you asleep and profit from you, little by little. Once you notice and wake up, it's already too late, the nightmare is all too real.

It's not a very long novel, you can read it at http://www.gutenberg.net.au/ebooks01/0100011h.html

As for 1984, you can read the book or watch the awesome Michael Radford movie adaptation.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
what is going on will the devilish looking jesus and the demal devil slapping the gymp and the chain hanging pigs?
Expert:  Martin replied 5 years ago.
That might depend of the interpretation of the viewer. You may ask to the artist (Gaston Vinas) what he intended, you can reach it at this link:

http://www.xn--gastnvias-r6as.com.ar/contact.htm
(you can look in the artwork/concept section of his site, some material was not used in the Radio Head clip.

Personally, it feel like a representation of the alienation from pointless repetitive work, leading to a soulless society without goal, leading to decadence. So the cow try to evade from their exploiting pig boss by going to sex and booze.

I might completely be far off but the end remember me a lot of that old Disney movie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd8gJw5sAqw instead that the musical instrument in the skeleton dance are replace by sado play games. In the Disney movie, none of the Orwell theme are present but i suspect the animator was inspired by that Disney animation a lot (something you could ask him).