Joan, Internet Researcher
Experience:  I believe that knowledge is Power! I would like to try to share my knowledge with others.
Type Your Question Here...

I need a great activity to do with students using Hershey Bars

I need a great activity to do with students using Hershey Bars to teach fractions. Any great ideas?
Category: General
Expert:  Joan replied 5 years ago.

The old idea of making smores would work for teaching fractions and is good tasting too. Ask the students to take 1/4 of a graham and 1/4 of a hershey bar and put 1 whole marshmallow in the middle and place on the plate and you can microwave them. You can ask the students to take 1/2 of a Graham cracker and 1/2 of the hershey bar and one whole marshmallow and again warm in the microwave. Ask the student to share 1/2 of the half of the smore and ask what they will have left. the answer would be 1/4 of a smore. You can play with the concept, but it should work well and the kids should enjoy it and learn in the process. Joan