A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

I am trying hard to find my birth father. His name is Grady

I am trying hard to find my birth father. His name isXXXXX and we lived in Houston Texas. My mother remarried when I was 6 and I was adopted by my new father.

How can I find him.

Thank you.

EDIT

This is my 3rd time sending this question. Can anyone help me.   Thank you.

4th REQUEST.... THANK YOU
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 3 years ago.

I'm sorry. I haven't seen any other versions of this question. Can you provide some information such as when Mr. Little may have been born?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It would have been 1934/35 or so. What steps do we take, or where do we look to try to find him. They were in Houston, Tx. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the information. The first step would be to search the Social Security Death Index since someone born in 1934/5 would be 76-77 years old. I found :

• Grady XXXXX XXXXXttle born 05 Feb 1933 died 18 May 2006 in Jackson Co., GA
  • Grady Howard Little, Jr. born 30 Aug 1935 died 25 Aug 1998 in Covington, AL
  • Grady Eugene Little born 07 Jun 1936 died 09 Aug 1976 in NC

Here is the obit for Grady E. Little:

Grady Edward Little, 73, of Jefferson, died Thursday, May 18, 2006.
Born on February 5, 1933, in Jackson County, he was the son of the late Frank Edward and Christine Pressley Little. He was a member of Oak Grove Baptist Church and worked as a carpenter. Mr. Little was preceded in death by a daughter, Glenda Frances Little.
Survivors include his wife, Sarah XXXXX XXXXX Little, Jefferson; two sons, Grady Dale Little and James David Little, both of Jefferson; brother, John Eathel Little, Jefferson; seven grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
Funeral services were held Saturday, May 20, in the chapel of Evans Funeral Home with the Rev. Quinton Casper officiating. Burial was in the White Plains Baptist Church Cemetery.
Evans Funeral Home, Jefferson, was in charge of arrangements.
The Commerce News (Jackson Co.,GA), May 24, 2006.

Grady H. Little, Jr. b 30 Aug 1935 d 25 Aug 1998 served in the USAF in Korea and is buried at the West County Line Cemetery in Opp, Covington Co., AL. He was the son of Grady Howard Little, Sr. (b 1912 in GA died 1978 in Opp, Covington Co., AL). Grady Jr. is listed as having no wife or children.

There was another man named Grady H. Little, Jr. who was living in Fort Myers Florida as late as 1993. He was born 29 Jan 1937.

Grady Eugene Little b 07 Jun 1936 d 09 Aug 1976 was black, divorced, and died of TB. He lived in Ashville, Buncombe Co., NC.

If none of these men is your father, then the next step would be hire a private investigator to try to find him.

A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience: 30 years in research