A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
Type Your Question Here...

I have found my Birth mothers second marriage in 1937 and found

Customer Question

I have found my Birth mothers second marriage in 1937 and found that my stepfather had remarried in 1947 but can find no death records for my mother bettween 1937 and 1946 any ideas on what I can do next???? Arthur batchelor  .    You need to know the names  Mother  Mary Amelia Thurgur nee hutchins, Stepfather Sidney Thomas Thurgur  Married in 1937 April May June quarter
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer Genealogy. Can you provide a little information to get us started. For instance, where did these happenings occur?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My birth mothers second marriage details are as follows Mary Amelia Hutchins married Sidney Thomas Thurgur In 1937 the next item I find is he remarries in 1946 This all took place at South Stoneham [Southampton} I can not find a death date for my mother or a divorse or separation. He died in 1986 Her first marriage was in 1928 She was born 1905 in oakly surrey Hope this helps Iwas born in 1928
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The main problem I was stuck with what happened tomy mother after she married mr s t thurgar in 1937 as he remarried in 1947 .

I can see that you have a problem. I have spent hours looking for a death or divorce registration for her under Thurgur/Thurgar, Batchelor (various spellings) and even Hutchins/Hudgins. I found absolutely nothing.

Did you have siblings? What was your father's name?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was born in march1928 before my mother married for ther first time she married my suposed birth father in sept 1928 He was aj reynolds then she left him as he was a drunk and I think assulted her no record of a divorse but letters I have indicate she left him. NEXT i FIND SHE MARRIED S T thurgur in 1937 then no sign of death or divorse but I find S T Thugur marries again in 1947 I have no siblings tha I know of My mother would not have had Batchelor as her name as that is my adopted name and I was adopted before she married A J NReynolds in as You can see the waters R a biut muddied.

Thanks for the additional information. I found a marriage for Mary A. Thurgur (Hutchins)to Alfred H. C. Phillips in the Jul-Aug-Sep quarter of 1946 in Westminster, Middlesex. If you want to order a copy, you will need to know that it is volume number 5c, page 1139.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have not seen your answer but I had a thought South stoneham was bombed during the war is it possible that my mother was killed in a raid and no known grave was listed ??
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks 4 your answer it kooks as if there must have been a divorse or seperation please dis regard my thoughts on war time . I will follow up your info and get back to you again at a future date thank you for all that you have done a gratefull Arthur Batchelor