TaxTom
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
21049508
Type Your Question Here...

Hi I found a 4 inch dia concave disk of a presidential seal.

Hi I found a 4 inch dia concave disk of a presidential seal. However this seal design has some errors on it. Made of braze or copper. There are only 11 chevrons and 12 arrows and the eagle has a flare-up on the feathers on the back of its head. The sun raise are different that there are 2 long line and then 2 short line. I thought that only the Gov could issue these different designs. I have ask everywhere with no good answer. Can anyone help. Thank you
Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 6 years ago.

TaxTom :

Hello, The presidential seal has been changed regular throughout history and it wasn't set in its original form until 1945 when Truman passed and executive order http://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Executive_Order_9646 . It was later updated in 1959. Here a few examples http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0PDoS2a4H5Nx1UAB4OJzbkF?fr2=sg-gac&sado=1&p=us%20president%20seal&fr=yfp-t-701&ei=utf-8&x=wrt Thanks Tom

Customer:

Hi Tom. I have look at these sits but was unable to see the seal I have. Also the e piuris etc is not on my seal. There is no E infront of Pluris.

TaxTom :

Can you send a picture?

Customer:

Yes I will. Who do I send it to. You or ask a question.

Customer:

Please tell me where to send pictures than I will accept answer. However you have not giving me more than I already know. If you think the picture are woth aother answer I will wait for your answer based on the pictures I will send you.

TaxTom :

You can send it as an attachment by clicking th paper clip at the top of where you type your correspndence

Customer:

OK will try.