Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor, Teacher
Experience:  I am a good researcher
19568076
Type Your Question Here...

I obtained a final judgment against a defendant. He entered

I obtained a final judgment against a defendant. He entered a lease in his personal name and used it to run a psychiatric practice under a name like "xxxxxx behavioral center'.<br /><br /> He operates as a sole trader and owns a couple of Inc's in Florida.<br /><br />My judgment is against him personally not the businesses.    <br /><br />Can I register liens and seek to seize cash and assets from his businesses or just go for the shares in the business etc?<br /><br />
Category: General
Expert:  Teacher Editor replied 5 years ago.

Linda Roch :

Hello and welcome! If you have any other questions, please let me know or please click Accept.

Linda Roch :

You can only get the assets he has in his own name, not just solely in the business.

Linda Roch :

If you want business assets, you would need to sue the business.

Linda Roch :

However, you can get his other assets as well, such as any bank accounts, shares, vehicles, real estate that he has in his name.

Linda Roch :

The business probably doesn't have a lot of assets that are not also in his name.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
But I can go for the shares in the practices - these are his assets too.
You can but if it's a sole proprietership or if it's not incorporated, he doesn't really have shares and then you can probably just try to attach to anything he has.