Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

is pre-cooked food something you can pay with the link card

is pre-cooked food something you can pay with the link card ? and vitamins ? Ice cream, pizza, and where I can find that information online ?
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

You can find information re: the LINK card, at this website: http://www.dhs.state.il.us/page.aspx?item=30357

I've copied the info for your ease of use, here:

As you can see, you cannot buy pre-cooked food and vitamins with the LINK card; if you buy ice cream in the grocery store, that's covered, but not ice cream at an ice cream store or pizza at a restaurant/pizzeria.

SNAP benefits can be used to buy:

• any food or food product for human consumption,
  • plus seeds and plants for use in home gardens to produce food.

SNAP benefits cannot be used to buy:

• Hot foods ready to eat,
  • Food intended to be heated in the store,
  • Lunch counter items or foods to be eaten in the store,
  • Vitamins or medicines,
  • Pet foods,
  • Any nonfood items (except seeds and plants),
  • Alcoholic beverages, or
  • Tobacco.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please click 'Reply'. Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Cher
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
thanks I should have been more specific, I meant like frozen food, such as pizzas, hamburgers.. etc
Hi again, and you're most welcome; thanks for your reply with additional information.

Yes, frozen food sold in the supermarket, like pizzas, hamburgers, etc. may be purchased with the LINK card. The only exceptions are those listed in my previous answer, from their website.

Regards,
Cher