A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
3157612
Type Your Question Here...

so, if I have a long-lost relative, I can give you their birth,

<p>I would like to find Clara Belle Moore Bailey.  She was born in Sept. 1896, in Wright Co, MO; marr: XXXXX XXXXX Nov. 16, 1913 in Douglas Co, MO; had 2 sons, both died as young boys; in 1932, she sued her husband for divorce, in 1933, the suit was dropped as he could not be found. </p><p>Some time later she moved to Kansas Ciity, MO, and made a trip back to Douglas Co, Mo to visit her brother's family, and after that was never heard of again.</p><p>Can you find her?</p>
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. Is she the Mrs. Clara Bailey who married Nick Soolos [sic] on 11 May 1935 in Jackson Co., MO? Both of them are listed as living in Kansas City, MO at the time.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for your response. Do you mind if I think outloud for a few lines? The marriage in 1935 bothers me for the reason that her divorce was dismissed in 1933 in Douglas Co, MO.

Of course, that does not mean she didn't get one somewhere else. But to do so, she has to have found John.

One other piece of info that doesn't help or hurt my question. John disappeared from his family also, not just my Great-aunt Clara. He went to visit one brother, they took him to the RR station to go to visit another brother, and John never arrived. So, the Bailey family have a mystery also, but I wrote about Clara, as she is my direct family.

So, if John remained missing, do you think Clara just decided she didn't need verification and re-married anyway? That's certainly one thought-if this is my Clara Bailey.

It bothers me that this marriage takes place only 2-3 years after John dissapeares, and without a death certificate for Clara to use as proof of John's death..

Does the marriage application give anymore info? Can you find a death certificate for Clara Soolos? I think I need something besides the same name to reassure me this is Clara Belle Moore, born in Wright Co, MO.

Thank you very much for the speed of your reply, I look forward to the next response.

Yours,

Carolyn

Here are some random thoughts:

It's hard to say what Clara knew or how or when. She could have received word of mouth that John had fallen off the train, etc. I didn't see the marriage license/application. What I saw was the minister's return showing he had married Mrs. Clara Bailey and Nick Soolos[sic]. (In my opinion, the groom's name is XXXXX XXXXX be spelled wrong.) The marriage license is something you have to apply for at the following site and there is a $15 fee:

http://www.dhss.mo.gov/data/vitalrecords/pdf/statement.pdf

There are 112 XXXXX XXXXXs who died in Missouri from 1910 to 1960. The list is here:

http://www.sos.mo.gov/archives/resources/deathcertificates/Results.asp?type=basic&tLName=bailey&tFName=john&sCounty=all&tYear=

In the 1930 census, there is a John F. Bailey (age 52) and wife Clara (age 48) living in Butler Twp., St. Clair Co., MO with their niece Mildred Cook. The ages are off though.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I accidentenally closed out the page from your last email, and don't know how to get back.

But, for now I am searching the MO death index-something which I did, but that was a few years ago, and I should have realized they got new info, just as I do. So, will do that, and then see where we are.

Thank you once again,

Carolyn

I've been on-again, off-again this afternoon as well so we may just have missed each other :-) Happy hunting. Genealogy is just like a treasure hunt, only you're looking for a very fine gauge needle in the haystack.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Message from Carolyn:

I will not be able to be on the computer until some time tomorrow.
Thank you. I have no complaints about your work, and am looking forward to working with you some more.
Have a good evening and I'll talk to you tomorrow :-)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello Schuyler,

Sorry to take so long, Mon turned out not to be as good a day as I needed it to be.

But, now I'm back, and ready to accept your answer and send you my thanks for the leads.

Yours,

Carolyn Ellison

Hi, Carolyn,

Thanks so very much for the accept and the lovely bonus. I really appreciate it. Good luck with your family research.

Schuyler