Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

UP University sent a friend of my grandson an accepptance

UP University sent a friend of my grandson an accepptance e=mail my grand son applied to the Wharton School at the University of Pa he hasn"t received any notification we are curious since the Wharton Sshool is a business school and my grand son did not apply to the school of liberal Arts do they have different standards of notifying the perspective students
Hello, and welcome back to Just Answer.

The notification email of acceptance to the University of Pennsylvania and the Wharton School might come from different offices, as the Wharton School of Business is 'part' of the UP system, but requirements, etc. for entrance to each 'school' will vary.

I can understand your grandson's disappointment at not yet hearing from the school, but tell him to check his 'spam' folder, as this is where the email may have gone, in error. Also, if you and your grandson would like to know the notification procedure/schedule for admission/acceptance of new students, the contact information for the UP Wharton School is below.

I'm sure with a quick phone call on Monday, you can find out at least, if any communication has been emailed to him or put in the regular (snail) mail.

I wish your grandson much good luck and hope he finds out the University's decision, soon!

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please click 'Reply'. Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello again, and thanks for your accept and your reply.

I will try to find this information for you and let you know.

Thanks for your patience,

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
hi im waiting for your reply
Hi again, and thanks so much for your patience.

I do apologize; I was not online very much, yesterday, due to internet connection problems.

I've been researching this for you, and while it's difficult to find any information online regarding the differences between admission requirements for UP and the Wharton School, I did find a good resource for you, on the following webpage; look at the right hand side for 'Admissions Tip of the Day'. They do encourage parents and grandparents to contact the Alumni Admissions Resource Center with any questions about the admissions process. The phone number is: (NNN) NNN-NNNN(this is for UP, but I'm sure they can direct you to the appropriate office of Wharton, if they are not able to answer your question).

I'm assuming you have already seen the following webpage, that states that UP (Wharton) students will be notified of admission decisions via email on March 30, since you mentioned this. I got to this page from the main Wharton page and clicked 'My Admissions', but the information seems to apply to both UP and Wharton.,18043&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

Have your grandson sign in on this page to see if there is any news. He should have received his username and password XXXXX his application was received.

There is a phone number at the bottom of the page to call if you have questions, and I still believe this will be the best way to find out any additional information, if you're concerned and do not want to wait until March 30th for the email. (NNN) NNN-NNNNbr/>
It's been my experience that they will provide a specific date as the 'latest date' students will receive acceptance notification, but some are sent out before this date, and that's probably why your grandson's friend already heard. Also, as you know, if your grandson's friend applied to UP and your grandson applied to Wharton, the acceptance notifications may go out on a different schedule.

I hope your grandson receives some good news in the very near future and wish him much good luck in his educational endeavors!

Best regards,