TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
Type Your Question Here...

If I have an entity name(corporation or LLC) in NY can someone

If I have an entity name(corporation or LLC) in NY can someone else use the same name in another state? and can they create a website for the same company name that I have already?

TaxTom :

Hello, If you name is XXXXX XXXXX in New York than yes someone else can use your name in another state. You can trademark you name and protective it nationally Thanks Tom

Whan I open a new entity name in a state how do i know if its trademarked?

And if there is 2 companies with the same name in 2 states can both companies use the same name for their website?

TaxTom :

Hello, You can go to your county clerk and see if the name is XXXXX XXXXX your area ogrcheck the US trademark and search and see if your name is XXXXX XXXXX in the United States. You can use the same name with different website addresses. I would trademark your name and that way you would be protected. Thanks Tom