General Jay
General Jay, Problem Solver
Experience:  General contractor, project manager, excellent problem solving skills, retired professional athlete.
Type Your Question Here...

Charge For Carry On Luggage.

Charge For Carry On Luggage.
Submitted: 5 years ago via HelpOwl.
Category: General
Expert:  General Jay replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer!

Can you please provide some more details? What airline are you flying?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Spirit airlines flight 124 chicago to Las vegas.

Thank you!

Fees apply for carry-on baggage that will not fit in the under seat space (max size of under seat space is 16"x14"x12"). If your piece of carry-on does fit underneath the seat then there is no charge. 1 piece per seat is allowed.

If you have a carry on that is too large, then it must be able to fit in the overhead bin. Once again, only 1 piece per seat is allowed. Carry-on bag dimensions for overhead bin space may not exceed 22 inches by 18 inches by 10 inches.

If you are a member of the online $9.00 fare club, there charge for the one carry-on bag is $20.00. On-line (non-member) fee is $30.00. If paying at the gate, the fee is $45.00.

All customers who purchased reservations prior to April 6, 2010, for travel August 1, 2010 and beyond, will be "Grandfathered" and no carry-on bag charges will apply.

Feel free to post any follow-up questions you may have.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
First of all, I thought this was Spirit Airlines people, not a different source. Thank you for your answer. However, my question is not answered entirely. There was no statement made about extra charges when making reservations with the airline. And again, with my original statement of flying three different airlines in the last two weeks, there was no charge for carry on luggage. Is this the way Spirit Airlines dupe people with lower fairs?

This is

See attached: