General Jay
General Jay, Problem Solver
Experience:  General contractor, project manager, excellent problem solving skills, retired professional athlete.
14716023
Type Your Question Here...

My question is about Facebook. I work for a non-profit

<p>My question is about Facebook. I work for a non-profit agency. We recently had an event in which we honored some volunteers. We would like to list our volunteer award winners on our agency Facebook page and post some pictures of the event. Is there a way to do this so that we list the names, but no one would be able to click through on any of the names -- even IF the award winner does have a facebook page? And is there a way to identify people in pictures, just so our viewers will know who they are, but make it so that no one could click through to see the facebook page of the person in the picture? Is my question even clear? Thank you, Janis</p><p> Why are you sending my Facebook question to a Toyota engineer?  I'm not quite getting that. </p>
Category: General
Expert:  General Jay replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer!

What you are talking about it is a Facebook feature called "tagging". Once you have the individual or group photos uploaded to your Facebook page, they can then be tagged.

Click on the picture that you want to add peoples names to. Once it opens up into the large framed mode, you will see an icon on the lower left can that says "tag photo". Select this option and then click your cursor over the individual that you want to add the name. A box will open up that allows you to type in the name of the person.

When this is completed, the name of the person will be highlighted when the cursor is moved over that person, but it does not provide a link to that individuals personal page.

Feel free to post any follow-up questions you may have.