Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

I have a student in my class that persistantly interrupts the

I have a student in my class that persistantly interrupts the class while I give instructions. This studemt also sees three other teachers and his disruptive behavior knows no boundaries. The parent
Has been contacted numerous times promising to come to the school for an intervention
Plan for her son. The parent always finds an excuse not to show up. The 5th grader needs help. The parent sayd he is ADHD, but will not produce any medical evidence to support her claim.
What can be done legally to get this parent to meet with school officials to formulate a
Plan to help her son?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer.

Depending on the actual school system you are in, and it's particular rules, I would think a threat to suspend the student from school until which time his parents come in for a face to face meeting with the teachers, guidance counselor and Principal, should be sufficient. If there is no response from the parent and/or a date is once again set for this meeting and the parent does not appear, the Principal should have the ability to actually suspend the student.

If the student is home, due to suspension, and the parent would rather he is attending school, I believe this will move the parent to action to meet with school representatives who only have her child's best interests at heart.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated, and Bonuses are welcomed.

If you have any questions or need further assistance, please click 'Reply'. Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Cher