TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
Type Your Question Here...

I am traveling to C.A.R. in april on safari. Flt connecgtin

I am traveling to C.A.R. in april on safari. Flt connection require overnight in Paris. My hunting rifles will be checked luggage on Delta but must be picked up on arrival at CDG and rechecked in the morning. Does France or Charles De Gualle airport require any special processing for me to secure my weapons with me overnight at a nearby ibis hotel before I recheck them as luggage on AirFrance the next morning? I'm familiar with Delta and AirFrance regulations but do not want a surprise with French authorities? thank you.
Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 5 years ago.
Hello, Your best plan is always to check the items into the Airline and let them hold them until the next day. France will require you to show the event you are taking the guns to, the company that you hired for the safari should have provided you those papers. Here is a link explaining the firearm rules, scroll down until you come to firearms Thanks Tom
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Tom, I am told that the airlines will not hold the firearms overnight. Delta has an agreement with Airfrance to check my bags through to final destination but since an overnight stay at CDG is required I must pickup and recheck in The morning. Is this how you understand?
Expert:  TaxTom replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry did not check on the airline rules.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok I will have a letter of invitation from safari operator for CAR, gun permit for CAR will be available only on arrival in in CAR, I have US homeland security doc for proof of forearm ownership, CAR visa is complete, I will have copy of iternary for Paris to CAR flt. I assume that once I exit and claim my bags that the airport security will want to see this stuff before allowing me to exit? What about temp visa for France? I understand that as long as I stay at an airport hotel this is not necessary. Correct? Sorry but this will be my first travel with overnight stay. Usual I fly direct with intransit status at these airports. Airfrance flies to Bangui once per week so a screw up will be a disaster.
Expert:  TaxTom replied 5 years ago.
Hello, A VISA is not necessary. Here is a company they will keep your luggage overnight Thanks Tom
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok please comment if the other documents I listed are adequate. Thank you.
Expert:  TaxTom replied 5 years ago.
Yes the documents are correct. Thanks Tom