TaxTom
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
21049508
Type Your Question Here...

I am retired...social security and retirement only. Own a

I am retired...social security and retirement only. Own a home. No other assets. Made roughly 35000. total for tax year, 2010. Large chain wants to charge $250. to do my taxes. This is my first full year of retirement so have no other years in which to compare. Does this charge sound out of line...or, should I seek add'l quotes?

Thank you for your help.
Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 6 years ago.

TaxTom :

Hello, Yes it does seem a little high. You can check with a local CPA or AARP offers free help preparing your return. Here is the link http://www.aarp.org/money/taxes/aarp_taxaide/ just click on the go button under need tax help, enter you location and the will give the local help information. Thanks Tom

Customer:

Thank you very much!