TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
Type Your Question Here...

I am security and retirement only. Own a

I am security and retirement only. Own a home. No other assets. Made roughly 35000. total for tax year, 2010. Large chain wants to charge $250. to do my taxes. This is my first full year of retirement so have no other years in which to compare. Does this charge sound out of line...or, should I seek add'l quotes?

Thank you for your help.
Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 5 years ago.

TaxTom :

Hello, Yes it does seem a little high. You can check with a local CPA or AARP offers free help preparing your return. Here is the link just click on the go button under need tax help, enter you location and the will give the local help information. Thanks Tom

Thank you very much!