TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
Type Your Question Here...

I have been looking on the ohio board of nursings site and

Customer Question

I have been looking on the ohio board of nursings site and cannot find when our license is due for renewal. I know it is this year but I don't know the date. Also, how much is the renewal fee? I want my staff to know when this is due and how much it will cost them. We still are required to have 24 CEU with at least 1 in ethics/law, right?

Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 5 years ago.

TaxTom :

Hello, Renewal fees

Ohio nurses must complete 24 hours of continuing education every two years to renew their license.
Nurses whose licenses have not been active for five or more years have more stringent subject requirements. Of the 24 hours, two must deal with nursing duties, practice and delegation. The remainder must include six hours of professional judgment and reasoning, nursing process and critical thinking; six hours of pharmacology; two hours of ethical principles; and eight hours dealing with the nurse’s specific area of practice. You should be able to verify license and renewal date on this verification site Thanks Tom