A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
Type Your Question Here...

I am trying to find Melvill Corbusier the only thing i do not

I am trying to find Melvill Corbusier the only thing i do not know were he come from there was black and white family,s it could be Wales orAfacria never thought to ask i was young when he died
Category: General
Expert:  A. Schuyler replied 5 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. I'm sorry it has taken so long for someone to respond to you. Melville Corbusier was 51 years old when he arrived in New York from Bermuda on 16 Nov 1922, so that would make him born about 1871 in Smith's Parish, Bermuda, where there were quite a few Corbusiers. He was a British subject and he was black. He was employed as a night watchman on ships regularly sailing between Bermuda and New York. Does that sound like your Melville Corbusier?