TaxTom
TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience:  Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
21049508
Type Your Question Here...

Id like to know the value of a book I inherited from my grandmother

Customer Question

I'd like to know the value of a book I inherited from my grandmother THE STORY OF THE WILD WEST AND CAMPFIRE CHATS by Buffalo Bill (Wm. F. Cody) published by Historical Publishing Co., St. Louis, MO . , Copyright 1888 by H. S. Smith. At the end of the Preface there is a possible signature: Sincerely XXXXXXXXXX Buffalo Bill. but it may be stamped. I saw one with the same cover in the Buffalo Bill Historical Center in Cody, WY but when I wrote to them and asked about this book, they wrote back that they did not know of any editions published in St. Louis.  I also have several other old books I'd like to ask about in the next few days.  Thanks.
Category: General
Expert:  TaxTom replied 3 years ago.

TaxTom :

Hello, Condition of the book makes a great difference in value, I would estimate a value of $50.00 to $150.00 with the high end been in excellent condition. I did find this edition on the Library of Congress website but could not be sure if it a First edition as several publishers printed this book in 1888. Thanks Tom

Customer:

I'd like to know the value of another book: SILAS MARNER, Macmillan Pocket classic, by George Eliot and edited with notes and an introduction by Edward L Gulick, A.M. (Harvard)master of English in the Lawrencdvile school, Lawrenceville School. Printed probably 1917..

Customer:

Also a book: MY COUNTRY' by Grace A Tutkington. Looks like a first editioneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

TaxTom :

Silas Marner common book $5-10, My Country is an early textbook and depending on age again $5 to $10. Both of these books are widely available and neither are special editions. Thanks Tom

Customer:

Thanks, Tom. I have more inherited books that I'd like to know the value of before I down-size and get rid of them.

Customer:

One set of 20 books all dated 1928 & 1929 that are the completeworks of Dumas, Ibsen, Wilde Shakespeare, Voltair, Rousseau, Dickens, Flaubert, etc. etc.

Customer:

A set of 20 books alo dated 1928 & 1029 that are the complete works of Shakespeare, Ibsen, Wilde, Dumas, Hugo, Rousseau, Dickens Flaubert, etc, etc. Worth keeping or selling?

Customer:

ooops! Think I typed that twice and it won't delete, Sorry.

Customer:

Also, ARABIAN NIGHTS printed by Macmillan in 1915.

TaxTom :

Hello again, Sorry but you will need to ask those in a second question. Thanks Tom

Customer:

LES MISERABLES, 1915: ESSAYS FROM THE SPECTATOR by Addison and Steele, 1918; FAVORITE POEMS FROM ENGLISH AND AMERICAN AUTHORS, Crowell & Co. 1894: Are any of these worth selling? And where?

Customer:

I don't understand...I signed up for the unlimited subscription for $15 a month.

TaxTom :

Hello, That is true but experts get paid by the questions they answer, so even though you pay one fee we get paid by each answer accepted. I have no problem giving values of 3 or 4 books per question Thanks Tom

TaxTom :

Does that make sense? Tom

Customer:

Okay. I'm going to push Acept now. And hope you have the new list i just sent, or do I have to typ

Customer:

re-type it.?

TaxTom :

Just cut it and paste it to the new question, If you have trouble I will get it off the first question

Customer:

I can't do cut paste on this computer, so if you do have the list, please use that. Sorry I'm not completely computer experienced. I'm 72 and learning this thing.

TaxTom :

Not a problem

Customer:

Hi TaxTom I'm wondering if your are working on those other books, or should I ask Just Answer again so they'll re-assign my questions. Please let me know. Thanks,

TaxTom :

Hello, Remember you have to ask another question before I can continue. I will have the book titles so you don't have to worry about that. Just ask another question and direct it to me.Don't forget to click accept on this question. Thanks Tom

Customer:

Can you help me identify the value of the list of books?

Customer:

Hope I did that right.

TaxTom :

Hello, You will need to close this question and open another question. Tom

TaxTom, Internet Researcher
Experience: Years of experience of finding questions for employeers, family and friends.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You have the list of books....I'll wait to hear from you. thanks.

Expert:  TaxTom replied 3 years ago.
For me to answer you will still need to post another question, I will answer tomorrow as we are already past midnight Thanks Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have some old books I woud like to know the value of I would appreciate your help. Do I list them again in order to ask a question? I don't know what to do next.
Expert:  TaxTom replied 3 years ago.
It has to be a complete new post not a continuation of this one
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
IOkay. I'll start again later today. I'm on my way to a volunteer job.
Expert:  TaxTom replied 3 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I would like to know about some books LES MIRSERABLES, Macmillan & C0, 1923; THE ARABIAN NIGHTS ENTERTAINMENTS, Macmillan & Co. 1915: ONE HUNDRED AND ONE FAMOUS POEMS, The Cable Co. publisher, no date: SIR ROGER DE COVERLEY, ESSAYS FROM THR SPECTATOR, MACMILLAND CO, 1918: FAVORITE POEMS selected FROM ENGLISH AND AMERICAN AUTHORS, Crowell and Co., 1894 . Your help would be greatly appreciated. TS777
Expert:  TaxTom replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I know no other way to say this, the question must be a complety new question started fresh and not following this link. Thanks Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay. *I'll start all over....if they give me to someone else, well, sorry
Expert:  TaxTom replied 3 years ago.
okay