A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
Type Your Question Here...

My wife is trying to locate her granmother.Her name was Lillian

My wife is trying to locate her granmother.Her name was LillXXXXX XXXXX.She thinks her grandmother is buried in Astoria,Queens New York.She was born around 1893.Her husbands name was George J.O'leary.Every place we go to we run into roadblocks.Can you help us?

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question. I'm sorry it has taken so long to get any response. Do you know for a fact that Lillian did not marry a second time?

Do you know her middle name? I found a Lillian A. O'Leary 1893-1990 but she didn't die in New York.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
She died at an early age (34).We do not know her middle name.

Thanks for the additional information.

In the 1930 Census for New York, Queens (districts 1-250), Enumeration District 66, there is living atXXXXXa Lillian O'Leary, age 37 F, head of house, born NY, both parents born Irish Free State. Also in the household is her son George J. O'leary age 10, born NY, both parents born NY. This would indicate that she lived until at least 1930 when she would have been 37.

The Social Security Death Index has Lillian O'Leary b 11 Aug 1893 d 11 Mar 1990 in Waterville, ME. This was the Lillian A. O'Leary I mentioned.