A. Schuyler
A. Schuyler, Research Analyst
Experience:  30 years in research
Type Your Question Here...

Youre spot on! I also confirmed Charles T Fortney and Marcella

You're spot on! I also confirmed Charles T Fortney and Marcella Fortney as grandparents of Ronald L Fortney. Can we find their ancestors to understand where they came from...besides Fairfax, VA? I was told there is some German history...What can we find out?....I don't see that anyone is working on this question. Have I done this correctly?

Welcome back to Just Answer.

Charles T. FORTNEY was the son of Henry Fortney (b ~1787 Washington, DC) and SusXXXXX XXXXX (b ~ 1791 in Virginia). They were married 28 Mar 1818 in Washington, DC.

Henry was the son of Jacob FORTNEY (b abt 1744 d 1816 in Alexandria, VA,or Washington, DC) and his wife Catherine (Maiden Name Unknown d 25 May 1814 in Alexandria, VA). All of Jacob and Catherine's children were born in Washington, DC or Arlington Co., VA.

Jacob FORTNEY's parents were Samuel FORTINEUX b 24 Jul 1723 Otterberg, Pfalz, Bayern, Germany d before AUG 1780 and his first wife Margaret.

Samuel FORTINEUX was the son of Jean Jacob (Fordney) FORTINEUX (1690-1751) and Maria Elisabetha WECKMAN (1695-1728).

Jean Jacob's parents were Johann Jonas (Fordney) FORTINEUX (1650-1709) and Sarah MENTON (1647-1715).

Edited by Schuyler on 2/20/2011 at 1:36 AM EST