Teacher Editor
Teacher Editor, Teacher
Experience:  I am a good researcher
19568076
Type Your Question Here...

We own a moving company and while doing a move today for a

We own a moving company and while doing a move today for a family that keeps Kosher,
our movers mistakenly mixed up the dishes. What can be done to right this wrong?
Category: General
Expert:  Teacher Editor replied 5 years ago.

Linda Roch :

Hello and welcome! If you have any other questions, please let me know or please click Accept.

Linda Roch :

The best thing to do is to get them new dishes unless you can somehow discern which dishes were used for which foods before they were moved.

Linda Roch :

The only other alternative is to consult a rabbi to see what he says if you want to keep the same dishes

Linda Roch :

They could possibly be koshered to make them able to be used again for separate purposes.

Linda Roch :

Koshering includes heating the item with a blowtorch or immersing in boiling water. The method used depends upon the type of utensil and how it has been used. After deciding with the Rabbi which utensils will be koshered, an appointment should be made for him to come and kasher your kitchen.

Linda Roch :

This could be a cumbersome process.

Linda Roch :

Thus, getting new plates may be the easier answer.

Customer:

Actually Linda, I've since spoken with a Cantor, and honestly your answers are not solid, I got better answers on Google in three minutes. I came to JustAnswer to get a solid answer.

Customer:

I'll accept your answer, but it's not a comprehensive or well researched answer.