Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

The box is stamped .925 and Italy, along with Tiffany & Co

Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.

Cher :

Hello, and welcome to Just Answer.

Cher :

.925 means the box is sterling silver and the silver is from Italy. Tiffany & Co. means that the box was made for Tiffany's.

Cher :

Please let me know if you need any additional information. If you are satisfied with the answer please click 'ACCEPT' and leave positive feedback.

Cher :

Cher :

I was looking to know what the box may be worth

Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello again, and thanks for your reply with additional information.

What are the dimensions of the box, what shape is it (oval, rectangular, square, circular) and do you know approximately what year it was made?

Is it 'smooth' or does it have any ribbing or other designs on it?

Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello again,

There are many different types of sterling silver boxes with various designs made by Tiffany & Co. Depending on the particular one you have, it's condition, and the year it was made, the value can vary greatly. Here are a few examples of what is selling on ebay and other sites, ranging from about forty dollars to hundreds and thousands of dollars:

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback is also always greatly appreciated.

If you need any additional information, please click 'Reply''. Thank you for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,