Jennifer SR
Jennifer SR, Consultant
Experience:  Professional Geologist, Exp. Manager, Great Research Skills
Type Your Question Here...

Any one interested in helping research the Otis family, Harrison

Any one interested in helping research the Otis family, Harrison Otis wife Ada Otis, son Le Roy Otis and other siblings, around 1910 1920 ? Please e [email protected]

Welcome to Just Answer and thanks for contacting us. Just Answer is not connected with any museum. If you have a specific question about the Otis family, please post it along with what information you do have about them, and someone may be able to help you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My grandfather Harison Otis seems to have settled in the Imperial Valley area, El Centro. My father Roy Edgar Otis may have grown up there till the age 14. He lost contact with them due to WW2. We believe Harison is buried in El Centro. They possibly moved from a dairy in Hope Kansas. My father was the oldest son of 5 sons and maybe Mary was his older sister. We have pictures of most of the family except that of my grandmother Ada or Oda Otis with Wagoner as her maiden name. Just her pecture would complete the family search my wife Tracy, had started. Thank you sincerely, XXXXX XXXXX Roy Otis

Your Grandfather's name was actually XXXXX XXXXXon Otis. He was born around 1863 in Iowa (the dates varied depending on source). He married Oda Isabel Waggoner in 1898. She was born on July 10, 1883 and died July 25, 1944. James H. died on April 28, 1949 in San Diego.

They moved around a lot and had several children, though I don't know how many survived.

In 1900, they lived in Carbon Wyoming. They had been married 2 years and had no children.

By 1910, they were in Kansas and had Bertha (b. 1902) and Leroy (b. 1903) (later only referred to as Roy) who were both born in Wyoming and James who was born in Kanas.

In 1920, the family was in El Centro, Imperial, California. Children listed are Roy, Maud, Manes, Mary, and Donald.

In 1930, the family was in Silsbee, Imperial, CA. Children listed include Roy E, XXXXX, XXXXX, XXXXX, XXXXX, and Harold.

Also, XXXXX XXXXXon Otis' parents are probably Leroy and Margaret Otis. I found them in the 1870 census.

I am running a search now for images, so if I find them, I will let you know.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX hope this helped!

Jennifer SR, Consultant
Experience: Professional Geologist, Exp. Manager, Great Research Skills