Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

I left Korea on or about Jan 21 1962 I think the name of the

I left Korea on or about Jan 21 1962 I think the name of the ship was the SS Breckenridge. My buddy thinks it was the SS Gaffney. Could you help us out with the correct ship. We are both 69 years old with a huge bet on this. I thank you very for your help
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer.

The USS Breckenridge was used during the Korean war and according to its history at the site below, it sailed into San Francisco in 1962.

The USS Gaffney was also used frequently to transport troops during the Korean war and here is a history on it:

Here is more info from the same site, on the Breckenridge:

Because both ships were involved in transporting troops during the Korean war, it would be impossible to determine which ship you and your buddy were on, unless you can access your military service records to find out for sure.

I wish you much good luck!

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback will also be greatly appreciated.

If you need any additional information please click 'Reply''. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,