Martin, Engineer
Experience:  i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Type Your Question Here...

Where can I find an English copy or an online text of A Man

Customer Question

Where can I find an English copy or an online text of "A Man Who Can Recall His Past Lives", published in 1983 by Phra Sripariyattiwetti?

Category: General
Expert:  david replied 5 years ago.

david :

Hi thank you for your question I can help.

Customer : Yes?
Customer :

This is no help at all.

Expert:  Jesse Handel replied 5 years ago.
Hello and thank you for coming to Just Answer. We appreciate the opportunity to help you with your questions.

Unfortunately, I only have negative information for you. Since I can't answer your question and can only tell you where I have looked without any success, you are under an obligation to accept my answer. After I provide the information about what I have found and where I have looked, I will opt out of this question and let someone else try to answer it, if that is what you would like. Just let me know if you would like me to opt out and allow another expert to try.

I have looked at and and I've not found a book matching the author or title. Alibris is usually the best source I've ever found for old and mostly unknown books, but they don't list this book. I have also performed internet searches looking for information about the title you provided. I have found reference to a movie titled "A Man Who can Recall His Past Lives", but the movie deals with a major character known as Uncle Boonmee. You may look up information on the internet about this movie and about the man known as Uncle Boonmee and see if it is related to the information you are looking for.

I am happy to provide any further information if I can find anything or if you are interested in any further information on topics similar to your question, even though I can't find any trace of the book you ask about. If you would like me to opt out of the question and reopen it to other experts, just post that and I will be happy to do that.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I appreciate the time that you have put into this search, but alas, I would like to leave it open until perhaps, I do get a positive response. Thank you.

Aleister Portier
Expert:  Martin replied 5 years ago.
Hello, you won't find this as it's very rare:

"The 40-year-old filmmaker, who was born in Bangkok but grew up in the country’s northeast Isan region, says Uncle Boonmee was inspired by a book he discovered at a Buddhist temple near his family home in Khon Kaen. “It was this little book that a monk there had self-published and distributed to the villagers for free,” he recalls. “The monk wrote about this guy who came to the temple, who claimed to remember his past lives.”

The good news is that the book seem to have a Buddhist Monk creative common license and might be legal to publish online :). It's in Thai and the English title is only a translation, it was never actually translated. The library that have the best chance to have the book is in Khon Kaen, Thailand. If you can contact Apichatpong Weerasethakul, he might be able to scan it and put it on his site:, sadly i can't find any contact information or any agent.
Martin, Engineer
Experience: i'm 41 and i never stopped studying and experimenting
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Excellent information and research. Thank you!