Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
Type Your Question Here...

we have old dried water based paint on clothing how can we

we have old dried water based paint on clothing how can we clean it off. IF you say alcohol then what do you mean by alcohol. IS White Spirits alcohol ?
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and welcome to Just Answer.

You can find step by step instructions to remove the water-based paint from clothing, here:

Yes, rubbing alcohol is recommended, and no, White Spirits is not the same as rubbing alcohol. You'll want to use 70% Isopropyl alcohol, found in any pharmacy or supermarket. White Spirits is dry cleaning fluid/a turpentine substitute that is used to thin paint and clean brushes. Menthylated Spirits is a denatured alcohol consisting of a mixture of ethyl alcohol and methyl alcohol and should be alright to use, as well.

I wish you much good luck in getting the paint out of the clothing!

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback will also be greatly appreciated.

If you need any additional information please click 'Reply''. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,

Edited by Cher on 1/20/2011 at 6:07 AM EST