atluriram
atluriram, Research Analyst
Experience:  MASTER OF COMMERCE, BACHELOR OF LAWS, P.G. DIPLOMA IN PERSONNEL MANAGEMENT AND INDUSTRAL COUNSELING
22289965
Type Your Question Here...

Investor who bought my house 2 mos ago has not changed utilities

Customer Question

Investor who bought my house 2 mos ago has not changed utilities to his name or company name and I recently discovered I have been paying them. How do I collect from him?
Category: General
Expert:  atluriram replied 6 years ago.

atluriram :

Sir/madam

atluriram :

I hereby submit the answer

atluriram :

with regards

atluriram :

atluri ramesh

atluriram :

It indicates that you have sold the property and continued to pay the utility bills though you have vacated.

atluriram :

The concerned departments issued the bills as you long as the resident did not submit the changes. In your case, you have paid the utilities and you cannot recover from the department. You have to contact with the investor only to whom you have sold. In case if he/she did not pay, there may be remote option i.e. to contact with local PUBLIC UTILITY COMMISSION representing your case

atluriram :

---------------

Customer :

I actually did contact utility dept before moving and ask services be transfered and terminated at old address. This was not done. I will hopefully be able to collect from the investor who bought the house

Expert:  atluriram replied 6 years ago.
Sir/madam

You should have given the instructions in writing to the utility department for such transfer or termination of services. If at so, the Public Utility Commission (local) will help you.

Normally when the investor enjoyed the services will be able to pay without any restriction. You can contact with the investor.

with regards
atluri ramesh