Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369
Type Your Question Here...

what is an easy way to loosen up and remove a silicone sealant

what is an easy way to loosen up and remove a silicone sealant that is used in glass work?
I have a glass plate that has an steel piece attached to an edge and I think it is attached with a silicone sealant
Category: General
Expert:  Cher replied 5 years ago.
Hello Mr.Bob, and welcome back to Just Answer.

There is a product made for silicone removal called 'Lift Off' and it is available in stores like Home Depot. Please see more details, here: http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053&N=5yc1vZ1xg1Zbobg&R=202262314

It's water-based and safe to use on all surfaces, so it should work for you on glass.

I hope you have found this answer helpful; if so, please click 'ACCEPT', as this is the only way I am compensated for helping you (although you have made a deposit, no payment is released to the Expert until you click 'Accept'). Your Positive Feedback will also be greatly appreciated.

If you need any additional information please click 'Reply''. Thanks for the opportunity to be of help!

Best regards,
Cher