John D
John D, BS Degree in Engineering.
Experience:  Math, science and 25 years experience in computer programming
Type Your Question Here...

how do i insert a macro in a cell I was told to type in cell

Customer Question

how do i insert a macro in a cell I was told to type in cell A1 a heading and then delete it and use a macro to insert it back into the title i tried and nothing works
Category: General
Expert:  John D replied 3 years ago.

Hi

I think I need to see the file so I can understand the question and set up the macro for you

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
how do I send you the file
Expert:  John D replied 3 years ago.

Ok, go to www.wikisend.com and upload the file there (no need to sign up). You will then get a page that has the download link and File ID. Copy the download link or the File ID and come back here and paste it in your reply.

Also make sure you include the instructions of what needs to be done

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
<p>file ID 427300  file id 456000</p><p> </p><p>the instructions are as follows record the following macro and sae it as Nick using arial 14 pt bold font, type Nicks Sporting Goods in cell a1</p><p>Delete Nicks Sporting goods from cell A1 and then run the Nicks Sporting Goods macro to insert the title back into cell a1 and on sheet 2 run Nick macro titl into cell a1</p>
Expert:  John D replied 3 years ago.

Why two files? Sorry can't do it for the offered amount. Will opt out so the question becomes open to all experts

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
its suppossed to be one file sheet 1 and sheet 2
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i would like you to have the 10 anyway for you trouble
Expert:  John D replied 3 years ago.

That is so kind of you, but I cannot accept the offer without giving you the solution.

Also since no other expert has stepped in.to assist you I will now opt back in and continue to work with you on this

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
its ok i want you to have it
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i uploaded the file again 149930 I will pay you want you want
Expert:  John D replied 3 years ago.

I am trying to download the file but I see in your message two file ID's. Which one should I download?

Ok, I got the file, thanks

Edited by John D on 1/11/2011 at 11:37 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
the 149930 is the one with tab 1 and 2
Expert:  John D replied 3 years ago.

Ok, here you go

http://wikisend.com/download/178920/nicks%20order%20form1.xlsm

I created two macros with two buttons on each sheet. One button places the name in A1 and formats its font, and the other clears the name. This way you will be able to see how it works

Hope this is ok. Let me know if you have any questions

John D, BS Degree in Engineering.
Experience: Math, science and 25 years experience in computer programming
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i cant open it
Expert:  John D replied 3 years ago.

Thanks

Ok I will send it again. One moment please

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm Sorry for so much trouble

Expert:  John D replied 3 years ago.

Ok try this one and let me know if there is still an issue

https://sites.google.com/site/zworkbook/zworkbook

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i can only see the sheet one and it does not let me insert anything I got the one with the pie chart
Expert:  John D replied 3 years ago.

If the macro is not working that means either you have your macros disabled in your excel application or you tried to open the file from the download dialog box before saving it first

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

did you have the two sheets one order form and the other pie chart, thank you so much for your help

Expert:  John D replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the bonus. Much appreciated

I have all three sheets

Here is a screenshot of what I get after clicking the 'Insert Name' button

graphic

Let me know if that I sent is different than the above

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i just have that sheet and it worked after I enabled the macro but I dont have the other sheets i just have the pie chart and not the order form under tab 1
Expert:  John D replied 3 years ago.

Ok, I am glad that the macro worked. One moment I will send you another version of that file

Expert:  John D replied 3 years ago.

Here try this one and let me know

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i still just get the one page dont worry about it , thats ok, thanks for all your help
Expert:  John D replied 3 years ago.

I can't understand how that can happen. You only see one tab? Could you right click on the little arrow to left of the sheet's tab and tell me what you see in the list

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i dont have any tabs to click on dont worry about it
Expert:  John D replied 3 years ago.

I see. Ok try this:

In Excel 2007, click View > Arrange All > Tiles Option > OK

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thats it thank you so much, I really appreciate your help
Expert:  John D replied 3 years ago.

Great! You're very welcome. Glad I could help